Ever since the birth of Easton life has been moving extremely fast it seems. At least parts of it. Well as posted, we were enjoying our newly rennovated home in Texas. However Dustin was offered a job in Tulsa, Oklahoma beginning in January of 2012. This was actually an answer to prayer as it was our desire to move closer to home (my parents in Newton, Kansas and Dustin's in Chickasha, Oklahoma). So Tulsa is somewhat between the two parents.
Right away we put our house on the market, where it has been since mid December (2011). Since neither of us has ever lived in Tulsa, we didn't want to buy a house right away. We hope over the next couple months to a year that we can get a feel for Tulsa, and what area we might want to locate our family and finally settle down. And hopefully in that time span our house in Brownwood will sell. So until that happens we found a great company that works with local realtors that puts tenants in houses that are on the market. The tenants get greatly discounted rent in exchange for keeping the property in "ready to show" condition. I figure it isn't much different than if we were still in Brownwood trying to sell our home - whenever they need to show it I just make sure everything is picked up and I am out of the house.
The house we are living in is a charming 2 bedroom 1940's bungalow. It is located in the "old" part of Tulsa, which is loaded with cute well kept bungalows. My "dream home" is a bungalow, however my "dream home" is also out in the country. And from all of my house hunting it is very difficult to find a bungalow located on 5 acres. They are all in older neighborhoods on tiny lots (like the one we are renting). So in a way I am part way living in my dream home, minus the 5 acres.
All throughout my adult life I have avoided buying "decorative" items, in fear that it might work in the rental I was living in at the time (or the house in Brownwood), but it may not be the best decorative item to have in my forever home (close to family - aka Tulsa, maybe?). Plus I usually would prefer to spend money on a vacation instead of some fancy vase per say. However, this program to live in a home that is for sale and keep it in "ready to show" condition, we were required to have some decorations - more so than what I owned. I must say, though I did have to pay out some to buy the decorations, it was kind of fun actually to go and pick stuff out. I tried to pick out items that I felt could easily go in ANY home we live in. Here are some photos of the showroom house we currently call home...
 |
| Looking into the living room from the front door |
 |
| Looking into the dinning room from the living room |
 |
| Looking into the kitchen from the dinning room |
 |
| Our bedroom |
 |
| Our bedroom |
 |
| Easton's bedroom |
 |
| Easton's bedroom |
Hey! You're blogging again!
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute house.
I think you will just have to build a bungalow on 5 acres :).